Kelly Young served this dish to our book club. She got the basic recipe from Whole Foods. When she tasted it, she thought it needed something else. She added grapefruit slices, which transformed it from very good to amazing. Yum!
For the salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large fresh mangoes, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 small handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup red grapefruit slices
For the dressing
- 2-3 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons agave or honey (depending on desired taste; agave is my choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa and all of the remaining ingredients for the salad. Mix well.
In a small bowl, add the fresh lime juice, balsamic, agave (or honey) and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss very well. Serve immediately or keep chilled and covered until ready to enjoy.